وَالَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ وَمَا أُنزِلَ مِن قَبْلِكَ وَبِالْآخِرَةِ هُمْ يُوقِنُونَ
And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].[2:4]
- Previous description continued.
- What is sent to Prophet SAW? The Quran.
- Was sent before. This is past revelation.
- Why is future revelation not mentioned? Proof against Qadiyaanies.
- What does Yaqeen mean? Used for unflinching belief in something and conviction about something (Imam Raghib). Yaqeen is stronger than Imaan.
Did you know:
- The previous ayah was addressing the Qureish of Makkah; a general invitation.
- This ayah is addressing the Jews of Madinah. Hence the scriptures are mentioned.
- The description began with imaan and ends with imaan, and finally concludes with the highest level — yaqeen.