ذلك الكتاب لا ريبَ فيه هدى للمتقين
That is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah.
- This is the greatest ayah describing the Qur’an.
- Why didn’t Allah say this? That is used for objects that are far and high (e.g. stars). Effect: shows the grandeur, nobility, loftiness, and status of the Quran.
- Why didn’t Allah say a book? The Quran contains the summaries of all the previous scriptures.
- What type of la-لا is this? لا النافية للجنس . The meaning rendered is an absolute negation; there is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo….. way there is any doubt.
- Why not say شك ? is ريب the smallest conceivable form of doubt. Allah even negated this!
- What type of guidance is it? التنوين يفيد لتعظيم. The tanween — the daaan sound — makes it colossal guidance. The ayaats of the Quran are our guide to reach Jannah, just as the stars.