Can you answer these?
- What does صلاة-Salaah mean? Salaah comes from Sila, which means a connection. In Salaah we are suppose to be speaking with Allah, and hence having a connection.
- What does صلاة-Salaah have to do with burning? Sila also means to roast something. Salaah burns your sins (to purify gold, it is burnt).
Did you know this?
Prophet SAW said,
- “Allah SWT said: ‘I have divided prayer between Myself and My servant into two halves, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.
- When the servant says: ‘Al-hamdu lillahi rabbi l-alamin’ (3), Allah SWT says: ‘My servant has praised Me.’
- And when he says: ‘Ar-rahmani r-rahim’ (4), Allah SWT says: ‘My servant has extolled Me,’
- And when he says: ‘Maliki yawmi d-din’ (5), Allah says: ‘My servant has glorified Me’ – and on one occasion He said: ‘My servant has submitted to My power.’
- And when he says: ‘Iyyaka na budu wa iyyaka nasta in’ (6), He says: ‘This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.’
- And when he says: ‘Ihdina s-sirata l- mustaqim, siratal ladhina an amta alayhim ghayril-maghdubi alayhim wa la d-dallin’ (7), He says: ‘This is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.'” [Muslim]
(Arabic followed by English)